Nixon with 26 points, Colorado State beats Utah State 84-75
- Edwards headlines AP All-America team
- Restocked KU No. 1 in AP preseason poll
- Report: Bazley $1M intern at New Balance
- Tide transfer Key can play for Virginia
- NC State G Beverly set for hand surgery
LOGAN, Utah (AP) Prentiss Nixon scored 26 points and Colorado State halted a two-game skid, beating Utah State 84-75 on Wednesday night.
A contentious first half gave way late as Logan Ryan and Lorenzo Jenkins drained 3-pointers as part of a 15-6 run that took the Rams (9-9, 2-3 Mountain West Conference) from a one-point lead to a 41-31 advantage at intermission.
Nixon was 8 of 14 from the field, 4 of 6 from distance and made all six of his free throws. Bob added 19 points and seven rebounds and Carvacho had 10 points and 15 rebounds for his third double-double this season.
Updated January 11, 2018