Air Force holds off Colorado State 78-73 to halt losing skid
- Vols take new No. 1 ranking to Vandy
- No. 7 Nevada seeks 19th win in 20 games
- No. 17 Houston looking to move to 19-1
- No. 19 Iowa seeks payback vs. No. 6 MSU
- PG Cunningham sparks Louisville's rise
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) Sid Tomes drained six from distance to finish with 18 points as Air Force thwarted a late Colorado State rally for a 78-73 win in Mountain West Conference play on Tuesday night.
The victory halted a three-game skid for Air Force (9-13, 3-7) and extended Colorado State's losing streak to seven. The Falcons swept the season series for the first time since 2008.
Air Force held a 37-27 halftime advantage and was up 66-51 with 8:12 remaining when the Rams scored seven unanswered points to close to 66-58. Anthony Bonner nailed a 3-pointer to cut the margin to 73-67 with 3:01 left. The Falcons made five free throws down the stretch to hold on for the win.
Updated February 7, 2018