Colorado St cruises to conference semis behind Clavell's 30
- Commission set to propose NCAA reforms
- Kentucky to play in Bahamas in August
- South Carolina's program in flux
- Colorado St. G Nixon headed to Iowa St.
- 3 top scorers leaving Milwaukee program
LAS VEGAS (AP) Gian Clavell hit six 3-pointers and scored 30 points to help lead No. 2 seed Colorado State to an 81-55 drubbing of tenth-seeded Air Force in the Mountain West quarterfinals on Thursday night.
It is the fifth time in six years the Rams (22-10) have made the conference semifinals.
Air Force (12-21) kept it close for 15 minutes but Colorado State pulled away over the final five of the first half and led 39-26 at the break. Nico Carvacho hit a jumper and Clavell added a 3 on back-to-back possessions to open the second half and the Rams cruised from there.
Hayden Graham led the Falcons with 15 points, while Lavelle Scottie added 12.
Updated March 9, 2017