No. 22 San Diego State vs. Air Force resumes after delay
- Notre Dame gets QB Wimbush back for USC
- AP midseason All-America Team announced
- WR Davis dismissed from No. 21 Auburn
- Georgia gets back DT Thompson, WR Godwin
- Sandusky to learn if he'll get new trial
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) The game between No. 22 San Diego State and Air Force has resumed after an 88-minute delay due to lightning in the second quarter.
The teams kicked off amid a steady rain Saturday and it only got worse before officials sent the teams to the locker rooms with 7:56 remaining in the first half. Air Force led 9-0.
Both teams agreed to skip a break for halftime.
Air Force announced the attendance at 27,575, but there was hardly anyone in the seats after the break.
The last time there was a weather delay at Falcon Stadium was 1993 against the Aztecs.
Updated September 23, 2017