No. 22 San Diego State vs. Air Force resumes after delay
- Sooners RB Anderson's accuser speaks out
- Louisiana-Lafayette names Napier coach
- Toledo signs coach Candle through 2023
- Cristobal ready to lead Oregon vs. Boise
- Vols staffer who was fired pleads guilty
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) The game between No. 22 San Diego State and Air Force has resumed after an 88-minute delay due to lightning in the second quarter.
The teams kicked off amid a steady rain Saturday and it only got worse before officials sent the teams to the locker rooms with 7:56 remaining in the first half. Air Force led 9-0.
Both teams agreed to skip a break for halftime.
Air Force announced the attendance at 27,575, but there was hardly anyone in the seats after the break.
The last time there was a weather delay at Falcon Stadium was 1993 against the Aztecs.
Updated September 23, 2017