Cal incoming LB Fatilua suffers serious spinal cord injury
- OSU to receive Meyer probe next week
- Maryland board takes control of probe
- Holtz unhurt in event as tent collapses
- New coach Heupel ready to lead UCF
- FAU hopes for C-USA repeat under Kiffin
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) California incoming freshman linebacker Chris Fatilua has suffered a serious spinal cord injury.
Fatilua's family issued a statement through the school on Tuesday. The family says the injury stemmed from an accident Monday afternoon in San Diego and that Fatilua's long-term prognosis is unknown.
The family says its appreciative of the support and asks for privacy to focus on recovery.
Cal coach Justin Wilcox says the school will support Fatilua in "every way possible" now and when he is able to come to Berkeley.
Fatilua was set to join the program this summer.
More AP college football: collegefootball.ap.org and twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated June 13, 2018