|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Katai caps wild opening 24 minutes, Fire tie Rapids 2-2
European Football Headlines
- Torrent wins in NYCFC debut, 2-1 over Toronto FC
- Gressel ties it in Atlanta United's 1-1 draw with Timbers
- The Latest: Portugal, Spain want routine wins to advance
- DJ Calvin Harris stoked by Harry Kane nod to 'One Kiss'
- Pekerman dedicates Colombia's win to Carlos Sanchez
- Falcao scores, Colombia beats Poland 3-0 at World Cup
- Sweden player condemns racist abuse after World Cup loss
- Sources: Salah considering retiring from national team
- What do Costa Rica, Panama early exits say about US soccer?
- AP PHOTOS: England grand, Poland gone on Day 11 of World Cup
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Aleksandar Katai scored the fourth goal of the game in the 24th minute and the Chicago Fire tied the Colorado Rapids 2-2 on Wednesday night.
Colorado took a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes on goals by Dominique Badji and Tommy Smith. But nine minutes later, Chicago tied it after an own goal and Katai's finish.
Badji, returning from suspension, got it started in the seventh minute by rolling in his first goal since April 29th. Smith was left wide open for an easy header at the far post.
Danny Wilson's own goal put the Fire within a goal in the 21st. Katai controlled a long pass with his chest, beat his defender and curled in a shot off the crossbar.
Chicago (5-7-4) is 1-2-2 in its last five road games. Colorado (2-9-3) ended a franchise-worst eight-game losing streak. It was tied for the second-longest league losing streak since the start of 2010.
Updated June 13, 2018