Martinez scores MLS-leading 14th goal, Atlanta United wins
European Football Headlines
- Eye for goal: Firmino recovers to seal Liverpool win vs PSG
- Rio to host Copa America final; Sao Paulo gets opener
- Messi scores another hat trick, Mbappe's mistake sinks PSG
- Pulisic back to shoot Dortmund to 1-0 win on 20th birthday
- Porto earns 1-1 draw at Schalke in Champions League opener
- Messi scores record 8th Champions League hat trick
- Mourinho asks players to be like Federer ahead of Swiss game
- Inter marks Champs League return with win over Tottenham
- Galatasaray beats Lokomotiv on return to Champions League
- Red Star holds Napoli to 0-0 draw in Champions League
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Josef Martinez scored his MLS-leading 14th goal of the season, Hector Villalba added a goal in the 82nd minute and Atlanta United beat the Columbus Crew 2-0 on Wednesday night.
Atlanta (10-3-3), the Supporters' Shield leader, handed Columbus (7-4-6) its second loss in its last 16 home games. United also snapped the Crew's nine-game unbeaten streak.
Martinez opened the scoring in the 30th minute by heading home Ezequiel Barco's corner kick. Martinez was injured on the play and was replaced at halftime. Martinez has six goals in the last four games.
Villalba, a second-half sub returning from injury, finished off Atlanta's counter attack by rolling a shot under goalkeeper Zack Steffen.
Steffen had a 525-minute shutout streak snapped. The runs was the eighth longest in MLS history.
Updated June 13, 2018