|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Martinez scores MLS-leading 14th goal, Atlanta United wins
European Football Headlines
- Europa League wins for Chelsea, Milan, Arsenal, Sevilla
- Tottenham Hotspur-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Bournemouth-Burnley Preview
- Newcastle United-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Manchester United Preview
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's WCup
- Croatia soccer leaders deny WCup final ticket scalping claim
- Southampton-Liverpool Preview
- Manchester City-Cardiff City Preview
- Huddersfield Town-Leicester City Preview
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Josef Martinez scored his MLS-leading 14th goal of the season, Hector Villalba added a goal in the 82nd minute and Atlanta United beat the Columbus Crew 2-0 on Wednesday night.
Atlanta (10-3-3), the Supporters' Shield leader, handed Columbus (7-4-6) its second loss in its last 16 home games. United also snapped the Crew's nine-game unbeaten streak.
Martinez opened the scoring in the 30th minute by heading home Ezequiel Barco's corner kick. Martinez was injured on the play and was replaced at halftime. Martinez has six goals in the last four games.
Villalba, a second-half sub returning from injury, finished off Atlanta's counter attack by rolling a shot under goalkeeper Zack Steffen.
Steffen had a 525-minute shutout streak snapped. The runs was the eighth longest in MLS history.
Updated June 13, 2018