|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Hoesen scores 2 goals, Earthquakes tie Revolution 2-2
European Football Headlines
- Europa League wins for Chelsea, Milan, Arsenal, Sevilla
- Tottenham Hotspur-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Bournemouth-Burnley Preview
- Newcastle United-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Manchester United Preview
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's WCup
- Croatia soccer leaders deny WCup final ticket scalping claim
- Southampton-Liverpool Preview
- Manchester City-Cardiff City Preview
- Huddersfield Town-Leicester City Preview
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Danny Hoesen scored two goals to help the San Jose Earthquakes tie the New England Revolution 2-2 on Wednesday night.
San Jose (2-9-4) avoided its first five-game losing streak since 2009. New England (6-4-6) is unbeaten in its last six games in the series, with three victories.
Hoesen opened the scoring in the 17th minute. After a defensive turnover, Hoesen dribbled into the penalty area and sent a left-footed shot past Matt Turner. Hoesen tied it at 2 in the 51st on a header for his ninth goal of the season.
Diego Fagundez tied it at 1 in the 31st by bending a free kick over the wall and inside the near post. Cristian Penilla scored his sixth goal of the season in the 43rd on a fast break to give New England the lead. Penilla dribbled down the left side, cut back his defender inside the box and smashed a shot into the top corner.
Updated June 14, 2018