|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Ignacio Piatti scores twice, Impact beat Orlando City 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Torrent wins in NYCFC debut, 2-1 over Toronto FC
- Gressel ties it in Atlanta United's 1-1 draw with Timbers
- The Latest: Portugal, Spain want routine wins to advance
- DJ Calvin Harris stoked by Harry Kane nod to 'One Kiss'
- Pekerman dedicates Colombia's win to Carlos Sanchez
- Falcao scores, Colombia beats Poland 3-0 at World Cup
- Sweden player condemns racist abuse after World Cup loss
- Sources: Salah considering retiring from national team
- What do Costa Rica, Panama early exits say about US soccer?
- AP PHOTOS: England grand, Poland gone on Day 11 of World Cup
MONTREAL (AP) Ignacio Piatti scored twice to end a five-game drought and the Montreal Impact beat Orlando City 3-0 in the rain Wednesday night.
Montreal (5-11-0) also benefited from an own goal while handing Orlando City (6-8-1) its sixth straight defeat. The Impact picked up only their second victory in their last seven games.
Piatti, back after sitting out a game with a minor injury, scored from the spot 5 minutes in after Sahir Taider was tripped by Cristian Higuita in the penalty area.
Piatti fed Daniel Lovitz on the left side for a cross that went in off sliding defender Amro Tarek for the own goal in the 55th. Piatti dribbled through the area and scored his seventh of the season in added time.
Updated June 13, 2018