|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Modric wins world player of year, ends Ronaldo-Messi duopoly
- Messi will miss Argentina friendly vs Brazil in October
- Bayern toasting Bundesliga dominance ahead of Oktoberfest
- Players' union reiterates disapproval of league match in US
- Private jets, favors to son detailed in FIFA official's case
- Agnelli: New club competition important despite little value
- APNewsBreak: France Football launches Women's Ballon d'Or
- Ancelotti putting his mark on Napoli; Roma struggling
- Sanchez spark still missing for Manchester United
- Spat in Spanish soccer over playing during daytime heat
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018