|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Sporting KC sends Rubio to Rapids for Rowe, allocation money
- Mourinho fired by Man United with his career at crossroads
- The Latest: Has Norwegian PM let slip Solskjaer appointment?
- Man City reaches League Cup semifinals after shootout win
- River Plate loses on penalties to Al Ain at Club World Cup
- League Cup holder PSG scrapes through to quarterfinals
- Duesseldorf stuns Dortmund 2-1 as leaders fall to 1st defeat
- 10-man AC Milan draws 0-0 at relegation-threatened Bologna
- Ibrahimovic re-signs with LA Galaxy as designated player
- Column: Sacking Mourinho will allow United to rebuild
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018