NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Matt Hedges lifts FC Dallas past Whitecaps, 2-1
- Galaxy beat Sounders for Kinnear's 1st win as interim coach
- Ronaldo recovers from red card misery to help Juve win 2-0
- Germany lacked 'greed' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Messi sets another record in Spain as Barcelona loses points
- Neymar gives jersey to crying boy as PSG beats Rennes 3-1
- Game paused as soccer fans protest esports
- Leverkusen gets 1st Bundesliga win after losing opening 3
- Cech stars as Arsenal beats Everton 2-0 for 5th straight win
- Europa League hangover hits flat Chelsea
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018