NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- US, Wigan defender Robinson out 4 weeks with sprained ankle
- Fulham hires Claudio Ranieri after firing Jokanovic
- Romain Gall rebounding after fall to Sweden's 3rd tier
- US women end year with 1-0 win over Scotland
- Atlanta United's Martino voted MLS coach of year
- Real Madrid hires Santiago Solari as coach until 2021
- Premier League hires Discovery's Susanna Dinnage as CEO
- Monaco being investigated for youth player recruitment
- New Celta Vigo coach mixes up team's name with biggest rival
- Iran warned new law is putting Asian Cup place at risk
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018