|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Sporting KC sends Rubio to Rapids for Rowe, allocation money
- Mourinho fired by Man United with his career at crossroads
- The Latest: Has Norwegian PM let slip Solskjaer appointment?
- Man City reaches League Cup semifinals after shootout win
- River Plate loses on penalties to Al Ain at Club World Cup
- League Cup holder PSG scrapes through to quarterfinals
- Duesseldorf stuns Dortmund 2-1 as leaders fall to 1st defeat
- 10-man AC Milan draws 0-0 at relegation-threatened Bologna
- Ibrahimovic re-signs with LA Galaxy as designated player
- Column: Sacking Mourinho will allow United to rebuild
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018