Padres' Lyles surrenders 1st hit in 8th inning
- Trout has HR, 5 hits as Angels rip Yanks
- Pedroia returns as Red Sox beat Braves
- Nola flirts with no-no as Phils top Jays
- Tribe hit 4 HRs, end Astros' 5-game run
- Cubs place Darvish on DL due to triceps
Lyles retired his first 22 batters before Story's liner dropped just in front of left fielder Franchy Cordero. Before that swing, the Rockies had hit just two balls out of the infield Tuesday.
San Diego had a 4-0 lead.
The 27-year-old Lyles replaced Bryan Mitchell in the rotation last week. He pitched five effective innings in a 2-1 loss to St. Louis in his first start of the year Thursday night.
The Padres remain the only team in the majors without a no-hitter.
Updated May 15, 2018