Padres' Lyles surrenders 1st hit in 8th inning
- Acuna hit by Urena 1st pitch spurs melee
- Mariners' Paxton to DL with arm bruise
- Angels' Trout's brother-in-law, 24, dies
- Gordon's rare HR in 12th gets M's by A's
- Ramos' huge debut helps Phils down BoSox
Lyles retired his first 22 batters before Story's liner dropped just in front of left fielder Franchy Cordero. Before that swing, the Rockies had hit just two balls out of the infield Tuesday.
San Diego had a 4-0 lead.
The 27-year-old Lyles replaced Bryan Mitchell in the rotation last week. He pitched five effective innings in a 2-1 loss to St. Louis in his first start of the year Thursday night.
The Padres remain the only team in the majors without a no-hitter.
Updated May 15, 2018