Nuggets center Nikola Jokic misses game Monday with illness
- Cavs, ex-MVP Rose discussing 1-year deal
- Haslem returning to Heat for 15th season
- Jazz sign big man Griffin to 2-way deal
- Suns extend GM McDonough, hire Jones
- Ginobili to play 16th season with Spurs
By The Associated Press
DENVER (AP) Denver Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic will miss the game Monday night against Sacramento because of an illness.
Coach Michael Malone said Jokic received an IV before the game in hopes of being able to play, but was a late scratch. Mason Plumlee will start in his place and Roy Hibbert should receive extended playing time as well, especially with Kenneth Faried already sidelined by a sore back.
The 22-year-old Jokic is averaging 15.9 points and 9.3 rebounds this season. He's also one of the top passers among centers in the league, averaging 4.6 assists. Jokic has four triple-doubles in his last 14 games.
Updated March 6, 2017