DeMarcus Cousins sits with Achilles tendinitis
- Cavaliers All-Star Irving requests trade
- Gasol agrees to 3-year deal with Spurs
- Grizzlies sign former Oregon F Brooks
- Cavs, ex-MVP Rose discussing 1-year deal
- Haslem returning to Heat for 15th season
DENVER (AP) New Orleans forward DeMarcus Cousins will sit Friday night against Denver with tendinitis in his right Achilles.
The hard-to-cover Cousins is coming off a monster game against the Nuggets on Tuesday night, when he had 30 points and 14 rebounds in a 134-131 home loss.
Cousins missed a game with left knee soreness/bruised rib and two more due to a sprained right ankle since being acquired from Sacramento in late February. He sat another due to an NBA suspension.
In addition, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said forward/center Anthony Davis won't play his customary 36.3 minutes per game, especially with New Orleans playing Saturday at Golden State.
Updated April 7, 2017