Avs claim defenseman Patrik Nemeth off waivers from Stars
- Hoffman dealt twice, lands with Panthers
- Trotz resigns after leading Caps to Cup
- Tippett joins Seattle expansion group
- Raised cap creates intriguing offseason
- Wild to host All-American prospects game
DENVER (AP) The Colorado Avalanche reinforced their defense by claiming Patrik Nemeth on waivers from Dallas.
The 25-year-old defenseman was a second-round pick by the Stars in 2010. He's appeared in 108 career NHL games and has 14 assists.
In other moves Tuesday, the Avalanche assigned goaltender Joe Cannata and right winger Gabriel Bourque, along with defensemen Duncan Siemens, Anton Lindholm and David Warsofsky, to San Antonio of the American Hockey League.
Defenseman Sergei Boikov and left winger A.J. Greer were placed on the injured non-roster list.
Colorado opens the regular season Thursday in New York against the Rangers.
Updated October 3, 2017