Avs claim defenseman Patrik Nemeth off waivers from Stars
- Devils end Kings' 8-game winning streak
- Vasilevskiy solid, Lightning blank Blues
- McDavid keys Oilers' 7-2 rout of Jackets
- Flyers down Leafs for 4th straight win
- Capitals beat Avs for 8th victory in 10
DENVER (AP) The Colorado Avalanche reinforced their defense by claiming Patrik Nemeth on waivers from Dallas.
The 25-year-old defenseman was a second-round pick by the Stars in 2010. He's appeared in 108 career NHL games and has 14 assists.
In other moves Tuesday, the Avalanche assigned goaltender Joe Cannata and right winger Gabriel Bourque, along with defensemen Duncan Siemens, Anton Lindholm and David Warsofsky, to San Antonio of the American Hockey League.
Defenseman Sergei Boikov and left winger A.J. Greer were placed on the injured non-roster list.
Colorado opens the regular season Thursday in New York against the Rangers.
Updated October 3, 2017