Gabriel Landeskog suspended 4 games for cross-check
- Devils acquire Grabner from Rangers
- Matthews hurt as Leafs beat Isles in SO
- Kucherov reaches 80 points as Tampa wins
- Rinne earns 300th win, Preds rip Sharks
- Mrazek wins debut, Flyers on 8-0-2 run
NEW YORK (AP) Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog was suspended four games without pay by the NHL on Monday for his cross-check on Calgary's Matthew Tkachuk.
Landeskog was assessed a minor penalty in the first period on Saturday when he hit Tkachuk in the ribs with his stick, pushing the Flames forward into back of the Colorado net. Landeskog then delivered another blow to the head and neck area of Tkachuk.
The 25-year-old Landeskog will forfeit $119,815 under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Landeskog has nine goals and eight assists this season.
Updated November 27, 2017