Red Wings call up Dominic Turgeon, son of ex-NHL star Pierre
- Sharks reach 2-year deal with F Tierney
- Rangers, F Vesey agree to 2-year deal
- Devils agree with Fs Coleman, Noesen
- Police: Emery's drowning not suspicious
- Ducks extend Henrique for 5 yrs., $29.1M
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Red Wings have recalled forward Dominic Turgeon from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
The 21-year-old Turgeon has nine goals and 14 assists in 40 games for the Griffins this season. He was drafted by the Red Wings in the third round in 2014 and has not yet played in an NHL game.
Turgeon's father, Pierre, scored over 500 NHL goals for Buffalo, the New York Islanders, Montreal, St. Louis, Dallas and Colorado from 1987-2007. His uncle, Sylvain, played in 669 NHL games for Hartford, New Jersey, Montreal and Ottawa from 1983-95.
The Red Wings announced the move Saturday. Detroit plays at Chicago on Sunday.
For more AP NHL coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated January 13, 2018