Avalanche sign forward Matt Nieto to 2-year deal
- Chelios leaving Wings for family reasons
- Caps re-sign D Bowey to 2-year, $2M deal
- Sharks reach 2-year deal with F Tierney
- Rangers, F Vesey agree to 2-year deal
- Devils agree with Fs Coleman, Noesen
DENVER (AP) The Colorado Avalanche have agreed on a two-year deal with forward Matt Nieto.
Nieto is coming off a season in which he scored a career-high 15 goals for the Avalanche. He also had his first career NHL hat trick on Oct. 24 against Dallas.
In the postseason, Nieto contributed three assists during a series loss to Nashville.
General manager Joe Sakic said Nieto brings "speed and offensive depth to our lineup. He adds a lot of energy to our team."
The 25-year-old Nieto was claimed by Colorado off waivers on Jan. 5, 2017. He had seven goals and four assists in 43 games for the Avalanche in 2016-17.
Nieto was originally a second-round pick of the San Jose Sharks in 2011.
Updated July 6, 2018