Avs forward Mikko Rantanen fined by NHL for embellishment
- Ovechkin's run at 14, lifts Caps in SO
- Barkov nets 3, Panthers top Leafs in OT
- Pens edge Kings in OT in Murray's return
- Canadiens score 4 in 3rd, beat Senators
- Ducks down Jackets with Sprong OT winner
NEW YORK (AP) The NHL has fined Colorado Avalanche forward Mikko Rantanen for embellishment .
Rantanen was docked $2,000 under the league's program designed to discourage diving and embellishment. He was warned for a play on Oct. 16 at the New York Rangers. His second offense occurred late in the second period against Boston on Nov. 14, with Patrice Bergeron receiving a penalty for hooking and Rantanen for embellishment.
A third offense for Rantanen would result in a $3,000 fine.
Rantanen leads the league in scoring with eight goals and 24 assists this season.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 21, 2018