|NCAA Women's Basketball|
Scaife, Carey carry No. 19 Rutgers women past Gophers 80-70
Womens College Headlines
- No. 7 Maryland rolls past Loyola-Maryland, improves to 10-0
- Michigan State enters AP women's poll after beating Oregon
- Oregon's No. 3 ranking to dip after loss at Michigan State
- No. 23 Missouri women beat Saint Louis 74-62
- No. 8 Oregon State women overpower Santa Clara 82-31
- No. 24 Gonzaga women beat Washington State 76-53
- No. 17 ASU women demolish Colorado St. 70-39
- Michigan State topples No. 3 Oregon 88-82
- No. 5 Louisville survives rival and No. 19 Kentucky 80-75
- Grays scores 26, No. 20 DePaul women drop Sooners 87-76
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) Tyler Scaife scored 25 points, Stasha Carey added 23 and the pair combined for all 12 Rutgers points in overtime to lift the 21st -ranked Scarlet Knights to an 80-70 win over Minnesota on Saturday.
Carlie Wagner, who had five 3-pointers, and Destiny Pitts, who hit a 3 from the left corner with 14.8 seconds left in regulation for the extra sessions, both had 22 points for the Golden Gophers.
Carey had the first four points before Wagner scored midway through overtime. Scaife had back-to-back critical jumpers before the game was wrapped up at the foul line as Minnesota was 1 of 11 in the extra session.
It was a good bounce back for the Scarlet Knights (17-3, 5-1 Big Ten), who returned to the Top 25 for the first time since the end of the 2015 regular season and promptly lost at Purdue, scoring just 10 points in the first half and 33 for the game. Against Minnesota they had double figures in every quarter and overtime and led 40-34 at halftime.
Carey had 14 rebounds for her second double-double and three blocks. Wagner had 10 boards for the fourth double-double of her career.
Updated January 13, 2018