|NCAA Women's Basketball|
Lindstrom, No. 25 Green Bay women beat Cleveland State 69-43
Womens College Headlines
- Lady Vols fall 80-79 to Arkansas for fifth straight loss
- Utah women's hoops ranked for first time in more than decade
- Stanford's Smith raises awareness for human trafficking
- No. 19 Arizona State outlasts No. 10 Oregon State in 2 OTs
- Whitish, late run lead Nebraska women past No. 23 Minnesota
- Missouri, No. 15 South Carolina not focusing on past issues
- Brown leads as No. 2 Baylor women roll past W Virginia 79-47
- Ionescu, No. 5 Oregon women race past Arizona 93-60
- Tara VanDerveer wins 900th game at Stanford in 33 seasons
- No. 9 Maryland bounces back to beat Penn State 79-67
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) Jessica Lindstrom scored 16 points, on 7-of-12 shooting, grabbed eight rebounds and had four assists to help No. 25 Green Bay beat Cleveland State 69-43 on Saturday.
Karly Murphy had 10 points and Jen Wellnitz added six with a career-high nine assists for Green Bay (14-2, 4-1 Horizon League). The Phoenix have won three in a row and 10 of their last 11.
Allie LeClaire's jumper sparked an 11-2 opening run for Green Bay before Frankie Wurtz and Lindstrom back-to-back 3s to make it 17-3 at the end of the first quarter. LeClaire scored five points during a 13-0 run that pushed the lead to 26 points with three minutes left in the first half and Cleveland State trailed by at least 19 the rest of the way.
Jade Ely led the Vikings (11-6, 3-3) with 17 points and Khayla Livingston scored 11. Cleveland State had just three assists and set season lows for field goals (12), field-goal percentage (26.1) and 3-point field-goal percentage (18.2).
Updated January 13, 2018